About the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital
The Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital (VMTH) of Texas A&M's College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences was established in 1915 when the Texas Legislature approved the creation of a public school of veterinary medicine and provided funds for the building of a veterinary teaching hospital. Today, the VMTH generates approximately $15 million annually from clinical services provided to the public. In recent years, the Hospital has served animals referred from approximately 3,100 veterinarians in 163 of Texas' 254 counties and 37 of the 50 United States.
The VMTH has a growing caseload of more than 24,000 cases per year. With a multidisciplinary faculty of over 180 veterinarians, and a support staff of over 300 caring people in a variety of disciplines, the Hospital is able to offer the most comprehensive range of specialized veterinary services for all species. The VMTH is the only veterinary teaching hospital in the state of Texas.